Altitude simulation system for endothermic engines (mobile version)
Mob-EACS - Mobile Engine Altitude Condition Simulator
The mobile altitude simulator (Mob-EACS) is an innovative system that allows tests to be carried out on internal combustion engines by simulating altitude conditions above sea level that differ from the actual conditions at the site where the test is actually carried out. This allows the engine's behaviour to be tested under different altitude conditions in a range from 800 metres below sea level to 5,000 metres above sea level. Thanks to a very fast and reliable adjustment system, the mobile altimetric simulator (Mob-EACS) is able to maintain the pressure value set in the simulation software by adapting to any variation arising from the engine's operating requirements. This allows any type of test to be performed in stationary, transient conditions or to accurately simulate uphill or downhill routes. Similar to the fixed altimetric simulator solution (EACS), the introduction of the mobile altimetric simulator (Mob-EACS) in engine and vehicle test rooms, or more simply in the testing world, has made it possible to eliminate the structural problems of barometric chambers, thus ensuring greater flexibility of installation. The concept of altitude simulation has been extended to all types of engine and vehicle test rooms regardless of the height above sea level at which the test room is located. The mobile altitude simulator (Mob-EACS) is designed to be mobile, making it possible to move the system from one test room to another. For this purpose, the system is assembled on a wheeled trolley, the base of which is fitted with integrated lifting aids for lifting with forklift trucks. Thanks to its small size, the mobile altimetric simulator (Mob-EACS) enabled a further extension of the field of application, allowing installations where, due to a lack of sufficient space, it was not possible to fit a fixed altimetric simulator (EACS).
Thanks to a system of small dimensions, Mob-EACS allows to perform any test, both in stationary and in transient conditions, with extremely limited variations in engine pressure and without the need to pressurize the test cell. Thanks to the reduced response time of the pressure regulation system, it is also possible to accurately simulate uphill or downhill routes.
The solution adopted consists in the creation of a volume of adequate capacity, within which a pump system maintains the desired pressure conditions even during engine transient conditions (rapid variations in the flow rate of combustion air, fuel and exhaust gas). The intake and exhaust ducts of the engine are then connected to this volume by means of sealed connections.
Mob-EACS can be integrated with optional devices that allow precise regulation of temperature and humidity of the combustion air:
- Mob-AHU (Mobile Air Handling Unit). Guarantees a precise control of temperature and humidity, into an extended range. - Mob-TFC (Mobile Temperature Fluid Control). It allows to further extend temperature and humidity regulation range.
Mob-EACS is available for different mass flow rate sizes: from 900 kg/h up to 1.500 kg/h, but thanks to the Link Mode solution, where two twin systems are used simultaneously, the flow range can be doubled, guaranteeing up to 3.000 kg/h.
The intelligence of EACS resides entirely within a software application created in INT9000 development environment, which guarantees its full interface with any test cell automation system and makes the application easy to use.
- Possibility to execute dynamic tests
- Possibility to simulate altitude both higher and lower than the ambient one
- Very reduced electric consumption, thanks to the use of regenerative inverters
- It can be placed in existing test cells
- Possibility to move the system from a test cell to another one
- Different flow rate sizes are available
- User friendly software (INT9000)
- Complete control through AK protocol
- Available sizes:
- 900 kg/h (1.800 kg/h Link Mode solution)
- 1.200 kg/h (2.400 kg/h Link Mode solution)
- 1.500 kg/h (3.000 kg/h Link Mode solution)
- Minimum pressure – 500 mbar (about 5000m over the sea level)
- Maximum pressure +100 mbar (about 800m over the sea level)
- Altitude variation speed 250 m/s
- Pressure stability (stationary conditions) ± 4 mbar
- Pressure stability (dynamic conditions) ± 8 mbar
- Temperature range from -20 °C a 35 °C (with AHU e TFC options)
- Temperature stability ± 2 °C
- Remote control AK protocol