Dynosaur 48" 4WD Compact LD
48" rolling road test bench for light vehicles with 2 or 4-wheel drive
The chassis-dyno test benches made by Control Sistem are designed to guarantee the execution of any type of test, such as, for example, emission tests, durability tests, performance tests, etc.
Dynosaur 48” 4WD Compact LD is the test bench able to test light duty vehicles up to 3.500 kg. It is mechanically composed of two modules: one fixed and one translating, so that the bench can be adapted to vehicles with different pitches, but it is also able to easily host vehicles with only two driving wheels. Each of the two modules is characterized by a single roller with a diameter of 48" (1.219 mm).
The test bench is typically characterized by a power per axis equal to 250 kW and it can work in an environment with a temperature between 5 and 60 ° C, but on request it can be equipped with the appropriate instrumentation that allows to expand the temperature of work down to -30°C.
The rollers making up the fixed and the translating modules are characterized by a surface coating that allows to optimize the coefficient of friction between the rollers and the tires, so as to simulate the condition of the wheel on the asphalt..
The bench is controlled by two asynchronous electric motors (one for each module) located in the centre of the rollers, mounted with an oscillating casing and a load cell. Each electric motor is controlled by a regenerative inverter, thus guaranteeing an extremely low energy consumption.
The rollers are placed on a high rigidity steel frame, which can be installed over a seismic mass or more simply on a plane suitable to support both the weight of the bench mechanics and the vehicle ones.
Dynosaur 48 ”4WD Compact LD is equipped with an automation system able to manage all the components of the roller bench. The intelligence of the automation system is mainly based on PLC processors and on the INT9000 real-time software development environment.
The automation system is synthetically composed of an automation drawer (DBSro) able to manage the electric motors and consequently the behaviour of the rollers, the Driver AID system which allows the driver to follow the speed profile of the test cycle and a management application (CSrolls) supervising every aspect of the bench and the test parameters.
Uses of the roller test bench
Cycles of emission measurements according to the following international regulations:
• ECE / EUDC / NEDC European regulation
• FTP75 / SFPT (US06, SC03) American regulation
• 10-15 modi / JC08 Japanese regulation
Cycles of power measurements in static and dynamic conditions:
• Endurance tests
• Consumption tests
• Performance tests
• Driveability tests
• Road load simulations in accordance with the vehicle parameter settings
• Operation at constant speed with power measurements
• Determination of the vehicle power curve with ascending or descending ramps
• Automatic Coast Down cycle verification
• Automatic bench calibration cycle
- Rollers diameter 48” (1.219 mm)
- Maximum vehicle weight 3.500 kg
- Maximum load per axle 3.500 kg
- Load cell (full scale) 10 kN
- Load cell accuracy ± 0,1
- Encoder type 1.024 pulse
- Encoder accuracy r ± 0,08
- Working temperature range from 5 to 60 °C
- Working temperature range with climatic equipment from -30 to 60 °C